Articles written by members of our study group describe in various ways, and through different media, our activities within the Urkesh Extended Project. We give here a list of them, with links to the full text versions.
- 2014 – Conservation of archaeological sites (in German). Brief presentation of the site's Conservation Project.
- 2014 – Courage among ruins (in English). A reflection on the value of archaeology for the life of local communities.
- 2015 – Archaeology as a moral presence (in Italian). An assessment of the project after four years of absence from the site.
- 2017 – Archaeology for a young future. The new Syrian life of the ancient city of Urkesh (here on this website, under "Awards")
- 2017 – Archaeology of communities. The interface between practice and theory (proofs). Conservation, presentation, research and local development for the archaeology of today's Mozan.
- 2019 – From Urkesh to Mozan. The itinerary of a project in wartime. The notion of territorial heritage as a link between ancient and modern Urkesh.
- 2019 – The pride of heritage. Archaeology for social development at Tell Mozan, ancient Urkesh, in Syria.
- 2019 – Integrating conservation, archaeology and community at Tell Mozan. Tell Mozan as a model for planning archaeological excavations.
- 2019 – Giorgio Buccellati's Critique and archaeological explanation. A reflection on the theory and 'grammar' of the archaeological excavation.
- 2014 – In the Eye of the Storm. An assessment of the situation on the site in 2014.
- 2017 – Archaeology for a Young Future: the New Syrian Life of the Ancient City of Urkesh (Shanghai Archaeology Forum). Lecture given in Shanghai on the occasion of the conference during which our project was awarded the medal by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
- 2018 – Furat studies center (Ristom Abdo, in Arabic). An assessment of the situation on the site in 2018.
- 2020 – "Premi ILUCIDARE, Gabriel (Ue): Patrimonio culturale catalizzatore per ripresa" (in Italian). The member of the UE Committee comments on the shortlisted projects of the ILUCIDARE special prizes.
- 2020 – "Ue: archeologia, progetto italiano in shortlist premi ILUCIDARE" (in Italian). A description of our project “Archaeology for a young future”.
- 2020 – "Ue: imparare l’archeologia tra Italia e Siria, diplomazia e cultura in premi ILUCIDARE" (in Italian). “Archaeology for a young future” is “a strong example of how heritage can lead to interpersonal dialogue”.